EMILY LABOWE – How to heal your trauma
You are more than the thoughts that hold you down.
In this week’s episode, I talk with Emily Labowe about her healing journey and her entrepreneurial endeavors.
After being a passenger in a bad car accident a few weeks before her 19th birthday, Emily had to learn how to live with the trauma of the accident and the aftermath.
Now, Emily has a great awareness of and gratitude for her life and is strengthened by her experiences.
Together, we discuss:
• The benefits of narrative therapy to confront trauma
• Learning to reconcile your self-perception with your trauma
• How to empower yourself with your vulnerability
• Self-worth and imposter syndrome as a creative
• The importance of stories, both telling our own and listening to others’
Emily is an actor, model, and entrepreneur who has worked with: Citizen Of humanity, Laura Mercier, The Kooples, Sezane, Free People, Everlane and the list is long:).
She’s recently set up a new company, Poppy Undies – comfortable underwear that doesn’t sacrifice sexiness! Part of setting up Poppy Undies was a purposeful move to ensure that her self-worth extended beyond her roles as an actor and model. If you want to learn more about Emily’s new company, click here.
Emily also recommended a few books that helped her to heal:
• THE WOUNDED STORYTELLER by Arthur W Frank
• THE BODY KEEPS THE SCORE by Bessel van der Kolk
• THE POWER OF VULNERABILITY by Brené Brown
IF YOU LIKED TODAY’S EPISODE, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO APPLE PODCAST OR SPOTIFY OR WHEREVER YOU LISTEN TO THE PODCAST. PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO RATE AND REVIEW THE SHOW.
SENDING YOU LOVE, CRINA